Sunday, December 26, 2010

Festive Activities

I hope everyone has well over indulged themselves over this festive weekend! I've certainly put myself through several food comas! Love it, definitely my most favourite time of the year. With so limited time spare to go shopping and having to be a little tight budgeted this Christmas I manage to cover all the more 'important' shopping started and completed on early Friday Christmas Eve. The city streets and malls couldn't have been busier! Later that night traditionally as always on every Christmas Eve was spent with my mother dining before heading to Church for Midnight Mass. But this year round, my mother unfortunately had just about a little too much wine to drink and ended up being way too intoxicated to even be able to sit properly on the couch without ending up pouring an entire glass of wine over herself after accidentally micro sleeping. So wasn’t surprised she ended up passing out early just as it turned midnight.


Christmas Day was even busier as always, spending a lovely morning to afternoon simply indulging on good food and of course more wine once again before having to spend the rest of the afternoon prepping and baking a few good treats to bring over for both Tim's family and my mates Kris Cringle dinner later for that night. Another good challenge well accomplished. I manage to successfully bake Chocolate Coated Profiteroles and Chocolate caramel brownies without burning the house down and might I add, it wasn’t as bad looking either, they turned out rather well. Let's just hope everyone survives my cooking once they've tried it however haha. I'l post a photos soon.

Without any free time, it was straight over to Tim's House to celebrate Christmas with his family. A delicious three course meal later we had to dash over to Desiree's House in time to exchange Kris Cringle gifts and finally the time to hang out with friends after so much time with the family already. Like I said, this is definitely the best time of the year. Although chaotically busy as ever it was great to be able to split up the day perfectly for all the important people. I hope everyone’s had a very merry one this year round. Time to put on those party shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment