Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Daily Grind

So it’s Wednesday, I'm back at work and still in holiday mode. I think the hardest part of having such a chaotic weekend is trying to adjust my sleeping patterns again after staying up late in the early hours over the past few nights and waking up extra late at almost midday lately. Heck I’ve been running late for work for the past day or so also. It’s just so impossible to even be able to pull myself out of bed. But I know I’m not the only one feeling the dread of getting back into reality again. To make things feel a lot worse about heading back to work again is the fact that in the lead up to my holidays in less than 5 weeks I’m going to have to start working those extra long shifts from the next few weekenda onwards. The idea is definitely not appealing whatsoever, so there goes the rest of my holidays! But then again I suppose it’ll all be worth it at the end of the day. Only hoping now that time will fly till then! But knowing myself I definitely haven’t been saving up as well as I should and I haven’t been so wise about my spending either. But time is ticking and only a few more pay days till then, so I will have no choice but to be a total tight-arse in the next few weeks.

I noticed my week is slowly starting to become a lot more mediocre now, but hopefully things will pick up. Hence I apologise in advanced for my lack of effort on my blog, ever since I’ve moved to blogger and since I've been taking the hard time of trying to adjust back to the daily grind again, I noticed it's another factor that’s taken my focus off my blog. Heck it feels like blogging’s a chore now with so much going on and with nothing that interesting to post, or just maybe I just haven’t really got the energy to blog? But whatever the reason, I promise more interesting posts. That’s also a promise to myself. Blogging is usually something I look forward to getting home to work on. Just like checking my Facebook daily. Its part of me now haha.

On a side note: I’m on the search for a new and more decent camera also to upload more qualitative photos, unlike my current digital camera which was really a quick fix from all those moments I’d often break my camera after only a few months after purchase haha. I kid you not when I say that most of my cameras don't last for longer than a 6 month life span. I was lucky enough to not ruin the one I own currently even though it's stretched over a year now. So I think I'm finally responsible enough to get a new one and a much better one. But then again I'm hoping to hold off until Hong Kong and get myself one there. We'll see how my budget will go first. It'll either be the toss between a new Louis or a DSLR. Tough decision indeed. Any recommendations guys?

But anyway looks like the parties around Sydney definitely hasn't stopped either. Just a reminder to all Sydney-siders if you're not aware: The Sydney’s' First Night Festival is back again on the streets of Sydney’s CBD. So drag the mates out and hit the streets this Saturday. It's that crazy annual party on the streets that’s not to be missed out! Don't forget to BYO and possibly even visit me working Cashier at Vanity @ Verandah Bar's haha :( Yep, I’m going to be working those hard yards for some extra holiday cash starting as of this weekend.

More info: http://www.sydneyfestival.org.au/2011/Festival-First-Night/About

Also don't also miss the Festival Garden in Hyde Park starting tomorrow from January 6 – February 6 (However closed January 8, 10, 17, 24, 31). I’m planning on dragging Tim out for this for a night just to check out the fuss. Hopefully he'll be able to spare the time for us to both go :)

More info: http://www.sydneyfestival.org.au/2011/Hubs/Festival-Garden

Last but not least on the list of to-do things for this month the Young Australian Designer Markets is happening once again as off January 15th from 10pm – 4:30pm at Paddington Town Hall (Cnr of Oxford St and Oatley Rd). Call the girls!

More info: http://www.youngaustraliandesignersmarket.com.au

I hope everyone’s been adjusting well heading back to work. Students are also heading back real soon, so for the rest of you just make the most of your weekends as much as you can also, because it’s only going to get busier from this moment onwards. Best part of this year so far? Traffic is still okay, it’s not as bad just as yet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment