Sunday, January 16, 2011

Summer at it's best

The weather's been an absolute scorcher over this weekend. Humidity is insanely gross. But it was definitely good weather to be spending it in the summer sun over at Tim's house most of this weekend. We spent yesterday afternoon just hanging by his pool with a few glasses of wine and pumping music before catching a nice cool dip and playing around with his dog Roxas also. Nothing better than spending a weekend relaxed by a pool with wine. I’m no alcoholic, I just love the warm hit of wine, that warm feeling spreading after a swish of rich and bold flavours. These are the weekends I live for, poolside’s and wine haha.

Later that night Tim took me out for dinner locally around his area at Red Spoon at Castle Towers before I had to head off for work once again at Vanity @ Verandah Bar that night. Kind of crummy having to work on a Saturday night after feeling absolutely so relaxed all day and after over indulging in awesome fusion Thai food. But then again work wasn't so bad last night and time flew by faster than expected before having to drive a very drunk boyfriend home haha. But sigh, I'm absolutely itching to have a night out after working weekends consistently these few weeks. Although it's good money, but watching everyone else party gets you in the mood to do so likewise when you're there. But then again only 3 weeks to go anyway until I'll be partying in different countries and I have a feeling I would probably be so sick of partying by the end of the trip knowing how chaotic our itinerary is starting to look like now.

Anyway, I’m cutting it short here again. Off to find something more productive to do now, even if it’s lazy Sunday, but I hate wasting away feeling so lethargic all day. Times like these I wished Tim didn't live so far away from me so I can just sneak into his pool again and probably steal his dinner for tonight considering he'll be cooking up a little barbeque for himself. Yummy. I wished I was capably more domesticated to do likewise haha. I might try and use up this time to try and attempt to cook something tonight for myself. I'm in the mood for some Haloumi Cheese. I've just found the simplest recipe for it online also... so off to the local Supermarket I go now.


Fresh coconuts!

Cinnamon Duck & Thai Beef Salad. Ahh-mazing!

Mr. Shy

No comments:

Post a Comment