Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Here we stand

It's been so difficult to switch on the television over the past few days and hearing about the disastrous flood conditions in Queensland. The worst part is, knowing that there are so many people affected by this and have lost their homes, belongings, business and even loved ones in the process. It's even more heartbreaking especially to hear that a 4 year old boy's body was discovered just the other day along with other bodies recently just uncovered and plenty more missing people out there, including poor stranded and injured animals all due to this disaster. My condolences go out to all those families going through such difficult times. The only thing we can hope for now is a miracle for things to clear up, but it's going to be a long shot considering conditions are still getting worse. We can only make our small contribution by donating a few dollars to the appeal to help those suffering and those who've survived. Try to make a contribution guys, it's the least we can do: www.qld.gov.au

Just remind yourself before you go to sleep at night tho be thankful that you have a bed to sleep in provided with shelter, while many out there are stranded without either. Have you ever really thought about what you would do if you were put into the same situation where you were forced to evacuate your home? As I was reading up articles in the daily telegraph today, part of me just wondered what would be the first thing I’d take with me. What would you bring with you? What's worthy and cherishable enough that you can't live without or leave behind? If it were me, it’ll no doubt be difficult to part from my wardrobe period and especially my shoes haha. But then again superficial goods can always be replaced. So it'll definitely have to be my hardrive full of old time memories and my laptop. I don't think I could sustain sanity without my cherishable notebook haha (even though it's also a materialistic good, it has better value and use lol). But just the thought of leaving anything behind is something I can’t begin to comprehend. I can only imagine what a struggle it is for those families currently experiencing such circumstances through these tough times. May this post go out to all out there, let's keep them in our prayers. Don't forget to make a contribution, it's the least we can do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment