Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The day never slows down

So I've just spent most the evening sorting out all the pieces I've cleared from my wardrobe. But I know for sure I’ll need to do yet another scan to see what else I’ve missed considering I’m the worst when it comes letting things. I'm highly attached to everything I own in my wardrobe. But this time round, I just reminded myself about the extra cash I’ll be making back at least for more future shopping trips haha. I finally got around to categorising all of what I’ve mange to clear out, based on quality in order to add to the stock for the vintage boutique my girlfriend Amanda and I are setting up soon at several markets across Sydney. I've counted 145 extra pieces that could be sold off just from my wardrobe alone. I’ve still got a massive box of vintage pieces I have yet to tap into. But other than trying to clear the warzone that's been growing in my room lately, it's been a fairly productive day for my day off. My passport finally arrived, so pretty much everything’s all set and ready for my trip soon. It's beginning to feel much more real now and that it’s only around the corner.

I made a detour from my long list of errands to meet up with Tim for lunch all the way at his workplace today also. We ended up eating nearby his office at a cute little Thai restaurant before he had to head back to work again, and so I could get also along with finishing off my errands. Along the process, whenever it required me to head by a shopping centre to pick up a few items, I was so tempted to shop around and blow a few dollars. It was so cruel! The best thing I could only do was stroke what I wanted LOL! However, I'm fairly proud of myself for not making any purchases. I manage to resist temptation even though I got a little side-tracked here and there. I did however pick up a few cute socks (too cute that I couldn’t refuse) and a random diary, which I really needed to keep track of my daily schedules. It just seems like there’s so many things that I’ve set out for myself that has yet to be completed. I’m becoming so forgetful and lately I've been losing track of everything. But once again besides those minor essentials, I'm proud of myself for managing to walk out of each store without shopping bags full of guilt.

Manged to get around to popping by Officeworks also to finally tap into a few ideas of some of the required equipment Amanda and I will be needing for our small market boutique, and extensively for the future. It’s all beginning to piece together. If we weren’t going to get around to doing it soon, it didn’t look like it was going to happen for a while, or possibly even ever. We really needed to get our act together for this small plan. Of course it’s easier said than done. But the good thing between Amanda and I are that we’re idealistic… our boutique is just something we’ll trial out first, just to say we did it? It beats partying and wasting away hung over every weekend. But like I’ve mentioned, it’s all beginning to piece up for our small entrepreneurial prospects, but there’s definitely still a long way to go for things to be all organised before anything else happens or really even take off. But bare in mind, I’ll keep you guys posted on our first market launch.

Two yummy things in this picture lol.

Pad See Ew & Satay Chicken with Rice

The passport to paradise!

Clothes finally categorised and sorted ready for labelling soon

Keeping life in order and on track

Nude and innocent white, perfect with heels and retro dresses!

2 comments:

  1. Hi anna

    wondering where you will be selling your clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment my girlfriend and I are looking into booking at Kirribilli Markets at Milsons Point which happens every second Sunday each a month for now. Other places have yet to be booked also. But I'll keep you posted! I'm super excited :)

    ReplyDelete