Monday, January 10, 2011

Struggling Bachelorette Life

My mum has left for Melbourne for the past few nights already. It's only going to be about a week, but wow I miss her already. The house is absolutely so empty without her! I've always wondered and thought it was always so cool to be able to live on my own. But when you're a domestically challenged female, then living on your own seems oh so much more difficult. I've been surviving on takeout and mi goreng for the past few nights and I'm really starting to appreciate her presence and cooking around the house. Also I noticed I’ve always had it easy and up until now I suppose I didn’t really realise how little cleaning I do around the house either. I must admit my participation has been very low and part of me feels rather horrible. So I suppose part of my resolution this year is to really help my mother around the house more often. But really can't wait till she's home again; it really really does noticeably feel a lot lonelier that I'm without siblings. It's a good thing that Tim has been around during her absence in the meantime and he’s also fed me haha. The house is so empty and so at times like these I really need him around. Last night he took me out for dinner knowing that I would have just made yet another packet of mi goreng haha, and then pretty much babysitted me for the remainder of the night by staying over. We had Korean BBQ and ended up getting fairly drunk from all the red wine we had. And it so happens we ended up finding ourselves binge drinking on more for the rest of the night at home. Good food, good wine, good dine! But besides everything, my mother’s been really cute. I woke up yesterday morning with a set of various MMS’s from her. She’s been doing a lot of shopping down in Melbourne and often she would MMS me back and fourth to seek my approval. It so happens she ran into a decent leather goods store, so she’s been getting my approvals on which one she should be purchasing for both herself and if I even liked anything for myself. I can always trust her to pick out something nice; she’s got the best taste at her age. Can’t wait to see what she’s brought back for me.

Oh the other the day my new lounge finally arrived, we finally got rid of our old couch because it wasn't as comfortable enough. I love our final choice; I definitely picked out the perfect lounge. It's dead comfortable; at the right budget we had originally set for and well suits the living room perfectly. I’ve been accidentally falling asleep a lot on that lounge lately, it’s ridiculously comfortable! Oh and lucky me my mum also treated me to new appliances since we both use the straightener and dryer so often, she really hates it when I take them along with me when I'm staying elsewhere. So the only solution was to get another set so she and I could have our own appliances without having to always circulating it around the house all the time. But even after so much wear and tear with my old appliances, nothings better than getting new ones. Sigh, I miss mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment