Monday, January 3, 2011

To the end of a year & the beginning of a New!

Hey there all. I'm finally back and fully recovered from the craziest New Years weekend celebration I've ever had to date. I've been avoiding all network social sites as much as I could over this weekend to focus on having more fun rather than always wrapping myself around a laptop all the time. Possibly part of my new year’s resolution you could say? I'm going to attempt to avoid spending too much time around certain networking sites such as: Facebook, Formspring and so fourth and basically focus more of my ‘spare’ time doing more productive things. By all means I'm still here to blog regularly however, I'm just going to try and avoid spending too much of my more spare time checking up Face book ever so often, especially when it comes to moments like going back to uni and always logging on every time I’m in lecture, an extremely bad habit. But of course after a long week without Facebook, I did sort of feel slightly out of the loop and its good to be back on a laptop to check up on what’s the go and all the ‘happs’ happening across the various social networks I'm joined with. Well for starters there's much to be updated on my blog, but following up with the events of such a crazy weekend, I'll try to narrow it down a little since this post can really go on.

The weekend started late Thursday afternoon, lucky for me I only had a half day left at work so Tim came to pick me up from work before we checked into our hotel at the Quest in Mascot. It was seriously the best option we had getting a place around that area considering we’ve looked completely everywhere about almost close to 2 months in advance for the perfect accommodation for new years eve as close as possible around Bondi considering we had Shorething tickets locked in as part of our plans. So a place nearby was ideal considering we wanted to avoid all traffic and journeys all the way back home especially after an expected messy night. But of course struggling to find any places nearby even across the city, we were lucky enough to find the closest accommodation in Mascot. Not too far at all, and the room was perfectly big enough to accommodate quite a few of us all comfortably – A 2 bedroom apartment was exactly what we were looking for. It definitely felt like a mini road trip. It’s been a while since I've done something stretched out long enough over a weekend to simply 'party'. But of course with every weekend getaway, we needed to start off with the essential grocery shopping to stock up on plenty of grog and munchies. Night one began with plenty pre-drinks before cabbing to out to the Cross for a night at Flaunt at Sapphire Lounge. The night of course just got rowdier and messier by the end of it.

Our Pre-New Years celebration definitely began with an unexpected crazy one followed by a very unpleasant hangover for us all early New Years Eve morning. With plenty of time all day to simply rest up and shrug off that hangover at the hotel, Our New Years night traditionally began with plenty of pre-grog at the Hotel then it was then off to Shorething at Bondi Beach. Now who knew the festival was literally going to be held right across from the beach. Craziest setup! And many of us who were there can all agree that it was the best decision made to spend New Years there at Shorething that night. Of course the party kicked on at the hotel after the festival and neither any of us who were staying got any good sleep till about during the early hours on New Years Day. Go hard or go home right? I don’t think I've actually ever slept for that long all day that following New Years Day morning. Our original plans to hit Bondi beach to cure our hang over never happened and instead we basically all woke up late evening and perfectly in time for a Breakfast aka. Dinner for many haha. I’m glad we had the extra night at the Hotel. So after our Breakfast/Dinner we simply mellowed out with a few movies, and then with plenty of alcohol to spare, it was wise not to be waste the final night at the hotel being boring and watching movies all night, so with what was remaining, there was definitely no excuse out of it and so round three it was!

By Sunday morning it was finally time to check out, now you can only imagine how sick, hung-over and especially tired we were by the end of it. Dropping by Bankstown for a breakfast attempt of Vietnamese Pho - it was no doubt a real struggle to go through also before all being dropped off home and crashing out immediately all day. Honestly I don't think I've ever appreciated sleep so much more after all that. It's basically taken me almost more than an extra 24-30hours to fully recover from that weekend. But I'm not sure whether it’s just the gloomy weather or me, but I'm absolutely bummed that weekend was all over in a blink of an eye. Best and messiest weekend in a long time. And best New Years celebration to date! I miss waking up to my boyfriend every morning beside me now also :( Sigh.

But on a final note: I want to thank my boyfriend for getting me my Shorething ticket and a Happy New Years to Everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed celebrating the occassion as much as I did. It's going to be a long one ahead of us this year and plenty to aspire!

---------------------------------------------------------

Night #3
Waking up almost 6pm next day from New Years Eve Celebrations. My domesticated boyfriend and the boys cooked Breakfast aka. Dinner, Followed by Movie session at the Hotel & 3rd round of drinking once again, Followed by yummy drunken cravings for Corn beef and rice munchies in the early morning of 4am haha.

Night #2
Lazing around during the daytime curing a massive hangover from the night before at the Cross. Followed by shopping at East gardens with Tim then the night repeats itself with pre-drinks @ the Hotel again & heading to Shorething Festival @ Bondi Beach, followed by a messy after party at the hotel afterwards.

Night #1
Checking in, Grocery& Grog shopping, pre-drinks @ the Hotel & then heading off for clubbing at Flaunt @ Sapphire Lounge.


No comments:

Post a Comment