Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Our Escape

So here I am in my room mid way through packing my luggage ready to hit the road with my boy for this Easter long weekend break tomorrow night. With my motivation to travel and seek more adventure in my life while at the peak of my youth, Tim and I thought it was about time we'd share a holiday together. A chance to escape reality and spend much needed time with one another after always being so wrapped up with our heavy schedules, whether it be work or uni for either one of us, it’s just so difficult nowadays to find enough time in the day to just simply slow things down to finally spend decent quality time together. Being the realist couple we are, you could also say this trip pretty much closely makes up as our first official annual anniversary. And so with the convenience of such a long public holiday break and the spontaneity of the situation, a road trip was something we both really wanted to do for us. Obviously, it would have been easier to purchase a plane ticket and fly directly there in less than an hour but why fly when you live on one of the most beautiful continents in the world that's just made for exploring. Driving along scenic roads, it's an experience we knew we just had to seize the opportunity in exploring.

So tomorrow night Tim and I will be filling up the Range Rover ready to hit the road... We'll be journeying to Port Macquarie, where we’ll be staying there for a few nights before making the further trek to the Gold Coast - Queensland. Yep, again haha! In a span of less than two months, and  to include this trip round, it'll be my third visit to the Gold Coast, but when was there ever a limit on travelling to the same place? We’ll also be making several pit stops along the way of course past Coffs Harbour and Byron Bay, just to name a few. And also being extreme adrenaline junkies the both of us are, we've already booked for several leisure activities at each destination. From water sport activities to theme parks, but of course with plenty of R&R moments and fine dining as expected on a romantic getaway for two. Overall I guess I'm just really looking forward to the fun of being on the road and witnessing the scenic beauty of what Australia has to offer with my significant other half. Happy early Easter holidays everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Where did you buy that suitcase from?
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought that from Charlie Brown :)

    ReplyDelete