Monday, April 4, 2011

A toast to Cafe Sydney

My boyfriend decided to be extra spontaneous and took me out to spoil me to a bit of fine dining just on Saturday night. He booked us a reservation at a restaurant he’s been boasting on about and eager to try out for sometime now. And finally after booking a date in at least two weeks in advance we finally got our reservation at Café Sydney. I love how often our nights together can turn out so spontaneous. But more or less I love the fact that my boyfriend knows exactly how to spoil me always at the right times… not because he has to, but more that he wants to. Café Sydney (www.cafesydney.com.au) is located on the rooftop of Customs House near The Rocks at Sydney’s Circular Quay. It has got to top off, by far one of the most beautifully located restaurants I’ve been to in Sydney so far. The layout, furnishings and ambience complimented its view and surroundings brilliantly. Tim and I both agreed that once after stepping into the restaurant, you immediately just become so immersed in its vibe as you sit to enjoy dining by its spectacular view. The view from Café Sydney overall really captures and summarises the beauty of Sydney by nightlife. Looking out, you get the best view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge as well as the Opera House and the rest of the waterfronts at the Quay. It was spectacular and very romantic. However the view was not the only aspect that blew me away, however the food was cooked to absolute perfection! From appetisers to our main meals to the most delicious dessert platter I’ve ever had. It definitely tickled every tastebud and left both Tim and I licking our utensils dry after each bite. Service was just amazing; they made you feel like you were the centre of all attention the moment you step through. This restaurant is by far one of my favourites in terms of Modern Australian cuisines. Definitely a restaurant recommended for extremely intimate occasions particularly between two or even for longer relaxed social nights with close friends. After a few good cocktails and a bottle of red to top it all off, it left my Tim and I sitting there rubbing our well over-indulged and satisfied stomachs. Best way to spend a beautiful Saturday night with my other half. Once again, it’s all thanks to him the sweetie!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment